Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English. Workbook.
Pearson Education Limited, 2002, 2003 - 140 с.
The Longman Student Grammar of
Spoken and Written English Workbook gives advanced students of English the
practice and tools needed to analyze everyday language. It is linked by direct
cross-references to the Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written
English-the pedagogical coursebook that examines grammatical structure and the
how, when, and why of English as it is really used.
- invaluable for students on university and teacher-training courses
- checks your knowledge of how English is actually used in speech and writing
- shows how grammar differs in different contexts or registers
- provides practice with relationships between grammar and vocabulary
- all examples taken from naturally occurring English texts and conversations
- comparisons between British English and American English
- spoken and written extracts throughout
- full answer key
Format: pdf /.zip">Size: 13,3 Mb
Скачать / Download файл (Яндекс - Народ. Диск.) Press on the button. On the next page, enter 6 figures from the image and press the green button. On the next page delete a tick from the square "Установить Яндекс Бар" and click on the link. Downloading will begin.
1 A discourse perspective on grammar 7
2 Words and word classes 11
3 Introduction to phrases and clauses 17
4 Nouns, pronouns, and the simple noun phrase 21
5 Verbs 29
6 Variation in the verb phrase: tense, aspect, voice, and modal use 39
7 Adjectives and adverbs 48
8 Exploring the grammar of the clause 57
9 Complex noun phrases 64
10 Verb and adjective complement clauses 73
11 Adverbials 83
12 Word order choices 92
13 The grammar of conversation 99