дипломные работы, иностранные языки
Объем работы: 73 стр.
Год сдачи: 2010
1. Email basics
1.1. Ten email facts
1.2. The function of email
1.3. The benefits of email
2. History of email
2.1. Key events in the invention of email
2.2. The first commercial email
3. Email today. The main problems
3.1. Spam. The spam solution
4. Business email etiquette
4.1. Why do we need email etiquette
4.2. The most important rules
5. The structure of business email
5.1. The header
5.2. The salutation
5.3. The body
5.4. The complimentary closing
5.5. The signature block
1. Sentences and paragraphs in business writing
1.1. Keeping sentences short
1.2. Active and passive sentences
1.3. Effective paragraph structure
2. Clear and effective business writing
2.1. The best word for the job
2.2. Jargon in business English
2.3. Slang, buzzwords and clichés
2.4. Tautology, pleonasm and redundancy
2.5. Pompous language
2.6. Ambiguity and lack of clarity
3. Good punctuation
3.2. Colons and semicolons
3.4. Inverted commas (quotation marks
3.5. Parentheses (brackets
3.6. Dashes and hyphens
4. Common mistakes in business writing
4.1. Words frequently confused
4.2. Common misspelled words in business
4.3. Wide uses of abbreviation in business writing
4.4. Uses of emoticons in business writing
Business correspondence is being defined as a way of communication through the exchange of letters. These are the letters written or received by two or more parties which may come in the form of letters, emails, text messages, voicemails, notes or post cards. By just looking at the above definition, we can generally conclude that business correspondence is a very important factor in the business community. It is like an exchange of events to and from the different points which are the involved business parties.
Business correspondence, being one of the most powerful tools in business agreements and other business deals, is actually evolving nowadays. We are now living in a computer era, that is why it is very understandable why there are gradual changes in the methods of business correspondence, from the way that is being written to the process of exchanging letters.
The product of the innovated technology when it comes to the business correspondence aspect is the electronic mail. Because of the email, the conventional ways of business correspondence are being phased out and the use of email is still being developed.
Email can be considered as a blessing because you can actually send all the workplace communication and the like in just a blink of an eye! It is now the most widely spread type of business correspondence in the mode
ized business community. Email is cheaper and faster than a letter, less intrusive than a phone call, less hassle than a fax. Using email, differences in location and time zone are less of an obstacle to communication. There is also evidence that email leads to a more egalitarian information structure.
The aim of this work is to make analysis of the language of mode
business email from the linguistic point of view and make the matter of business email writing less complicated.
The objectives and tasks of the work may be formulated as follows:
- critical study of the material on the theme;
- exposure of the aims,...
Today we live in a highly mode
ized period where we can find lots of innovations, practical techniques, and technological advancements compared with the past. Business industry is one of the industries that benefits to the mode
ized revolution of science and technology. Thus, business communication has a great factor and means contribution to the success of different businesses.
One of abovementioned innovations is electronic mail or email. Email is a more up to date method of transmitting data, text files, digital photos, and audio and video files from one computer to another over the Inte
et. This phenomenon, which was invented in 1971 by Ray Tomlinson, did not become popular until 1990, but now it is a major business communication. The main benefits of email are cost, speed, convenience, availability, the environmental protection and many others.
Making the conclusion of this work, we would like to point out some basic principles of mode
business email writing:
1. First of all, we should respect people we are communicating with, and follow some simple rules of the Netetiquette, such as:
- be concise and to the point;
- answer all questions, and pre-empt further questions;
- make it personal;
- keep language gender and your tone neutral;
- answer swiftly;
- do not attach unnecessary files, etc.
2. Since reading from a screen of computer is more difficult than reading from paper, we need to use proper structure and layout of email. It is not difficult, because the format of business email is very similar to that of a business memo or letter. It has the header, the body, and the signature block. Depending upon the nature of its correspondence and, at the discretion of the writer, business email may also include a salutation and a complimentary close.
3. Using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation is not only important because improper ones give a bad impression of your company, it is also important for conveying the message properly. That is why...